Here are some Frequently Asked Questions, and things to know
Can I get cheaper postage?
If you are overcharged for postage I will refund any overpayment as quickly as possible. If you have paid via Paypal or Afterpay, I will do a refund. If you have paid via bank deposit, I will let you know that you are due a refund and ask for either account details or a Paypal account that I can refund your overpaid postage to. If I do not hear from you within a few weeks of requesting your account details to refund, I will follow up with another email. If no details are forthcoming after 3 months, your refund will be donated to the Henry Kendall Special Education Unit.
If you would like an accurate postage quote before paying via bank deposit, please leave a comment at checkout, use the instant message feature or send me an email, and I will be happy to find the most economical postage option and provide you with an exact postage cost before you make your payment.
All orders are sent, by default, via registered post or in a prepaid satchel. I do not charge for packaging materials, only for exact postage. If your item is sent as a parcel (due to an unusual size or shape that won’t fit in a prepaid satchel, I will use pre-loved packaging where possible, thereby saving you money on postpacks.
Australia Post – Lost in Transit
Recently Australia Post has decreased expected delivery times. Unfortunately there is not much to be done about it … BUT, there options to make the whole experience smoother.
#1 Tracking – All mail will be sent via registered post or satchel post. Both options include a tracking number, while registered post also includes signature on delivery and insurance up to $100. All satchels are lodged at my local post office so that they are scanned at the beginning of their journey home.
#2 Express Post – This is useful for overnight delivery if your postcode falls within the postcodes serviced by overnight express post. If your postcode is not listed, sadly, the guarantee of replacement express post envelope/satchel and overnight delivery does not apply. You can find more information about Express Post areas HERE.
#3 Insurance – you can purchase insurance cover for your parcel for $2.00 (insured up to $100 value). If your purchase is over $100, you can purchase more than one insurance so you’re covered if the parcel goes missing whilst in the possession of Australia Post
#4 Priority Post – If you prefer to pay less for post, but want it to move faster than the usual snail mail, you can opt for Priority Post.
#5 Regular post – If you’re on a mega-budget and prefer regular post, I am happy to arrange that for you. Just leave me a note during the checkout process and I will happily refund overpaid post and send your item regular post.
Unless you choose a tracked option, there is no way to trace a parcel. I pack as carefully as I can, lodge all mail at my local post office so it is hand sorted, and take all care … but once it is in the hands of Australia Post, it is out of my hands. The parcel becomes the responsibility of Australia Post, and I have zero control over it. You can read more about the estimated time for delivery of regular post HERE.
In over a decade of sending orders and swaps via Australia Post, a grand total of 4 have not made it to their destination. Overall, they do a great job, and flat, light items can be sent cheaply anywhere in Australia.
What’s the deal with Gift Certificates?
- When you purchase a gift certificate(s), you will receive an email with a downloadable image that you can present to the person for whom you are purchasing the gift certificate(s). This will include an exclusive code that they can use at checkout to reduce their gift certificate amount from their purchase.
- There is an optional upgrade to receive a printed gift certificate in the mail.
- You may purchase multiple gift certificates in $5 and/or $10 amounts, as many as you like of each to add up to your budget total. If you wish to purchase an unusual amount (eg, $43 voucher for a 43rd birthday), just message me and I will be happy to create a custom listing for you.
- When you receive the email with your downloadable image, it will be for the total amount of gift certificates that you have purchased (eg. 4 x $10 plus 1 x $5 = a $45 voucher).
- Gift certificates are valid for 3 years (36 months) from the date of purchase, which will be noted on the downloadable image or printed certificate. Should I need to close the business for any reason during that time, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to make your purchase, or I will happily refund the gift certificate. Any balance remaining on the gift certificate code after the expiry date will not be able to be redeemed by the gift certificate holder.
- Please keep your gift certificate code safe so that it cannot be used by anyone else … treat it like cash.
- Gift Certificates can be used for pre-order deposits and balances.
- Gift certificate codes can be used on any product (physical or digital) in the store as well as postage and insurance.
- You can read about the current Australian laws regarding gift certificates on the Fair Trading website HERE.
Where can I find out about Swaps?
Swaps are announced in the email newsletter, and on my Facebook page. There will be a blog post when a new swap is announced.
What happens if my order is wrong?
Please … let me know and I will fix it immediately. Folks … I am a one woman show, juggling home, family and business … I am human, and sometimes I make errors. Please know that I will do everything I can to make it right as quickly as possible.
Customer information is collected on the Dawn Lewis Imagery website to be used exclusively by Dawn Lewis Imagery. Your personal details are not distributed, shared, sold or used for any other purpose than to communicate with you regarding your order. All information you provide remains confidential.