Here are some Frequently Asked Questions, and things to know
COVID-19 has had a big impact on the craft industry. Many manufacturers have experienced stoppages due to lockdown and/or reduced ability to create products at their usual pace. Consequently I am seeing this reflected in the constant out-of-stock status on ink pads and die sets with my suppliers. Many items have been on back-order status for months, and shipping from suppliers has also slowed down (some parcels taking 2-3 months to arrive). Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do about it, except remind myself that craft supplies are always worth the wait. Everyone is working so hard to get products made, sent and delivered … these are, indeed, strange times!
International shipping has also been impacted, with less options available from Australia Post. If you live overseas and wish to make a purchase, please email me with your shopping list, and I will be happy to provide a quote for international shipping.
Can I get cheaper postage?
If you are overcharged for postage I will refund any overpayment above $1.00 as quickly as possible. If you have paid via Paypal or Afterpay, I will do a refund. If you have paid via bank deposit, I will let you know that you are due a refund and ask for either account details or a Paypal account that I can refund your overpaid postage to. If I do not hear from you within a few weeks of requesting your account details to refund, I will follow up with another email. If no details are forthcoming after 3 months, your refund will be donated to the Henry Kendall Special Education Unit.
If you would like an accurate postage quote before paying via bank deposit, please leave a comment at checkout, use the instant message feature or send me an email, and I will be happy to find the most economical postage option and provide you with an exact postage cost before you make your payment.
All orders are sent, by default, via registered post or in a prepaid satchel. I do not charge for packaging materials, only for exact postage. If your item is sent as a parcel (due to an unusual size or shape that won’t fit in a prepaid satchel, I will use pre-loved packaging where possible, thereby saving you money on postpacks.
Australia Post – Lost in Transit
Recently Australia Post has decreased expected delivery times. Unfortunately there is not much to be done about it … BUT, there options to make the whole experience smoother.
#1 Tracking – All mail will be sent via domestic tracked envelope post or satchel post. Both options include a tracking number and insurance up to $100. All mail is lodged at my local post office so that they are scanned at the beginning of their journey home.
#2 Express Post – This is useful for overnight delivery if your postcode falls within the postcodes serviced by overnight express post. If your postcode is not listed, sadly, the guarantee of replacement express post envelope/satchel and overnight delivery does not apply. You can find more information about Express Post areas HERE. This is not an option in the shop, but if you would like to upgrade to Express Post, please just message me and I’ll be happy to get that sorted for you.
#3 Insurance – your purchase is insured up to $100, but you can purchase additional insurance cover for your parcel ($2.50 per $100 value) if your purchase is over $100. This option should be available at checkout, and you can purchase multipes to ensure that you’re covered if the parcel goes missing whilst in the possession of Australia Post
#4 Regular post – If you’re on a mega-budget and prefer regular post, I am happy to arrange that for you. Just leave me a note during the checkout process and I will happily refund overpaid post and send your item regular post.
Unless you choose a tracked option, there is no way to trace a parcel. I pack as carefully as I can, lodge all mail at my local post office so it is hand sorted, and take all care … but once it is in the hands of Australia Post, it is out of my hands. The parcel becomes the responsibility of Australia Post, and I have zero control over it. You can read more about the estimated time for delivery of regular post HERE.
In over a decade of sending orders and swaps via Australia Post, a grand total of 4 have not made it to their destination. Overall, they do a great job, and flat, light items can be sent cheaply anywhere in Australia.
What’s the deal with Gift Certificates?
- When you purchase a gift certificate(s), you will receive an email with a downloadable image that you can present to the person for whom you are purchasing the gift certificate(s). This will include an exclusive code that they can use at checkout to reduce their gift certificate amount from their purchase.
- There is an optional upgrade to receive a printed gift certificate in the mail.
- You may purchase multiple gift certificates in $5 and/or $10 amounts, as many as you like of each to add up to your budget total. If you wish to purchase an unusual amount (eg, $43 voucher for a 43rd birthday), just message me and I will be happy to create a custom listing for you.
- When you receive the email with your downloadable image, it will be for the total amount of gift certificates that you have purchased (eg. 4 x $10 plus 1 x $5 = a $45 voucher).
- Gift certificates are valid for 3 years (36 months) from the date of purchase, which will be noted on the downloadable image or printed certificate. Should I need to close the business for any reason during that time, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to make your purchase, or I will happily refund the gift certificate. Any balance remaining on the gift certificate code after the expiry date will not be able to be redeemed by the gift certificate holder.
- Please keep your gift certificate code safe so that it cannot be used by anyone else … treat it like cash.
- Gift Certificates can be used for pre-order deposits and balances.
- Gift certificate codes can be used on any product (physical or digital) in the store as well as postage and insurance.
- You can read about the current Australian laws regarding gift certificates on the Fair Trading website HERE.
Where can I find out about Swaps?
Swaps are announced in the email newsletter, and on my Facebook page. There will be a blog post when a new swap is announced.
What happens if my order is wrong?
Please … let me know and I will fix it immediately. Folks … I am a one woman show, juggling home, family and business … I am human, and sometimes I make errors. Please know that I will do everything I can to make it right as quickly as possible.
Returns & Refunds?
If there is a problem with a product you have purchased, please let me know straight away. Photos are helpful, as any supplier would want to see a photograph before providing a replacement product or refund. If your product has been damaged in the post, we can make a claim with Australia Post (photos of any parcel damage will be required).
If you wish to return a product due to a change of mind, I am happy to do that within 2 weeks from the day you receive your parcel. You will need to contact me to let me know you are returning product, and the refund will be reliant on the product being in re-sellable condition (the same as it was when I sent it), and being received. Postage is not refundable, and return postage will not be compensated for a change of mind return. A change of mind refund for product only will be made once the item(s) has/have been returned and received, and verified as being in the correct condition.
Customer information is collected on the Dawn Lewis Imagery website to be used exclusively by Dawn Lewis Imagery. Your personal details are not distributed, shared, sold or used for any other purpose than to communicate with you regarding your order. All information you provide remains confidential.