This week’s challenge is my last with the Little Miss Muffet Stamps Design Team. Where on earth did six months go???!!!
The challenge is ‘Summer’, and I have chosen Marley Blooms as my stamp this week (find it HERE).
Now … I know what you might be thinking … how did I use a digital stamp on a diary cover? I’m going to let you in on a little secret … sometimes I like to play with paint 😉 I printed the stamp out A5 size, and traced it onto my pre-painted diary cover.
To paint a diary like this, there are a few steps:
* Remove the diary cover (easy to remove from coils at the back)
* Paint a solid 3-5 coats on the front of the cover (depending on the colour)
* Place the printed digital stamp over the cover (hold it up to the light to centre it).
* Place white graphite/saral paper under the print, transfer side down.
* Trace over the design with a stylus.
* Paint! It’s just filling in the lines, and I like to use a wet-on-wet blending technique to create shadow & highlight.
* I used a very fine liner to outline the entire design
* I used an angle brush to float shadow around the image and create the ground.
* 6/0 liner brush
* 1/4″ angel brush
* 4 round brush
Paints are all Semco Acrylics:
Jet Black, Bright White, Mid Grey
Soft Pink, Baby Pink
Mango, Classic Orange
Cloudy Blue, Turquoise
Insect Green, Clover Green
The diary cover is painted with Teal Blue
In the meantime, you can see the rest of the DT’s gorgeous summer creations HERE. If you would like to see some more painted creations, let me know in the comments, especially if you would like some fast motion videos 🙂